Friday, March 30, 2012

"Nothing Compares To You" - Scrap it with a Song challenge

Good afternoon!

I have been a busy lady in my scrapping room this week and have done a few pages now, including this one for a blog challenge I have recently found, Scrap it With a Song.  This month they have dedicated to Irish artists, being St Paddy's day and all, and I have gained inspiration from the song "Nothing Compares To You" by Sinead O'Connor in week 2.  You can see all the other song choices and entrants on their blog here.

Tim and I went to a friend's 30th birthday which was a 1930's theme.  This photo was taken just before we left.  He always looks so handsome in a suit!

Materials Used 
The paper I used is the "After Five Collection" by Kaiser Craft.  I also used their new cardstock range for this project.  I do like their new cardstock, its comparable to any of the other cardstock brands out there and its a little cheaper to purchase at your local scrapbooking store than Bazzill.  For the title I used American Craft Thickers and Crafty Stickers letters.  The swirls and hearts are Crafty Stickers also.  I felt that the "white space" in the top right corner was a little too much, so I grabbed a flourish from my chipboard box, to use as a mask, and sprayed Glimmer mist lightly over the area.  I don't think it shows very well in the picture though sorry!

The pearls, bling and brads are Kaiser Craft.  Now to my flowers.  There are a couple of paper flowers (Kaiser craft I think!), some ribbon roses I picked up from my local Spotlight, and that lovely branch of flowers I think might be Petaloo??

I hope you like my page!



Until next time, happy crafting!

Carmel

6 comments:

  1. Your page is beautiful!! Love the classic 'black,grey, white' combo with the super pops of red!! Very nicely done! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap it With a Song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful page! What a great way to celebrate a 30 birthday! Glad you joined us at Scrap it with a Song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous page! I love the flowers. Thanks for playing along at Scrap it with a Song!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap it With a Song!
    I really like the page and the way you did the design for it- great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap it With a Song!
    Good work....very elegant

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout, Love all the embellies. Thanks for playing along with Scrap it with a Song.

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete