Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Copic Oz "Be Challenged"

Good afternoon!

Twice in one week!  I know, I am as surprised as you are!  Being off work at the moment has its advantages... you have time to think, and you have time to scrapbook :-)

Well in this case its a card, and I have to be super quick in posting this blog because my very inquisitive husband is due home from work soon and this card is actually for him for his birthday next week, as well as the Copic Oz Challenge for this month, "Be Challenged".  You can see all the details and other entries here.

With Tim's birthday in mind, I created this card with a Burlesque girl stamp from the Kanban Crafts range that I picked up at the Brisbane Paper Craft Festival recently.

I fell in love with the Kaisercraft collection "Velvet Ensemble" when it came out last year, and thought it would be perfect for this card.  I often use the 6 1/2 inch paper pads from Kaisercraft as they are so easy to make cards with and I dont have to cut into a 12 inch piece of paper for a piece that is 2 cm thick.

Blue-green (or teal if you must) and Black papers and colouring my Burlesque diva with the BG colours, finishing off with bling, black lace, silver bow, feathers and a birthday banner.

On the inside, I used black paper with a strip of the black flocked paper from the front and cut out a microphone from one of the pages in the paperpad.  there is also some little blue-green rhinestones on the bottom right and top left corners of the panel where I will write the message.

 

Materials Used:
Copics - E000, BG11, BG13, BG15, BG18, C01, C03, C05, C07, C09, clear spica
Stamp - Kanban Crafts "Moulin Divas", stamped with Memento ink on Express-it blending card
Cardstock - Fundamentals, DCWV
Paper - Kaisercraft "Velvet Ensemble"
Embellishments - black feathers and Blue-green leaves (from the $2 shop!), paper flowers (Kaisercraft, Prima), rhinestones and pearls (Kaisercraft), Black lace (Kaisercraft), silver ribbon (in a bow), a silver charm and a hand made hat pin.

I hope you like my card and lets hope Tim likes it too!


Until next time, happy crafting!

Carmel

1 comment:

  1. Love your card and love that you used B for Burlesque!!! Thanks so much for playing the CopicOz Challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete