Thursday, June 3, 2010

May sketch challenge

Hello again

I have been very slack in getting any pictures of pages done this month. You can tell its a peak time at work!

I HAVE, however, taken a picture of my May sketch challenge for Discover Scrapbooking.


I'll have to update the materials used at a later date because I seem to have misplaced the paper with it on there..... oops!

I used an A4 sheet of shimmering paper instead of cutting a Scrapbook paper. I ran a piece of black card (white core) thru my Cuttlebug using one of my "Asian Bundle" embossing folders and then, using my fine sandpaper block, sanded the embossing to bring thru the white core on the image.

I matted my photos on black card. My journalling block is just a piece of white paper ( I used a piece of the paper that came in the sleeve of my scrapbooking album, cut down to size) with gold paint pen doodled around it. I had to practice writing my journalling on a different piece of paper first, just to make sure it all fit in.

I cut the letters using my Cuttlebug and my "Your Not the Boss of Me" alphabet dies and white paper. I had originally thought the white would look alright, but I wasnt overly impressed with the way it looked once sitting on the page, so I coloured the letters using my gold paint pen to match my layout.

Just waiting to see who the winner of the layout challenge is now. Tough competition. You can see all the entries here.

Well I guess thats all for now. Until next time...

Happy crafting!

Carmel

No comments:

Post a Comment